Degree Apprenticeship Programmes for Morrisons
Targeted attraction to help discover future leaders
Morrisons is the fourth largest chain of supermarkets in the UK. They began life as an egg and butter stall in Bradford before evolving into a business with almost 500 stores across the country.
- Create a recruitment programme to identify candidates with the potential to improve Morrisons’ performance, culture and future direction.
- Deliver an engaging experience that aligned their talent with the roles.
- Changing perceptions and educate candidates on the diversity of their business.
- Improve quality of candidates.
- Business analysis to identify core leadership behaviours for success.
- Delivery of targeted attraction strategy which included paid media, social media, online content with video that resonated with both students and influencers, and direct engagement with over 200 schools.
- Streamlined recruitment process which included a short registration, Situational Judgement Tests (SJT) and video interviews that introduced case studies specific to the role.
- Design of assessment centre exercises that were tailor-made for the business roles. These included defamiliarisation exercises that took candidates out of their comfort zone and helped differentiate potential from experience.
- 100% retention for graduate apprenticeship roles
- 90% retention across all future talent streams
- 38% reduction in applications due to targeted attraction
- 3% declined graduate apprenticeship offers (45% fewer than ISE average)
“Amberjack has done us proud over our three-year partnership. Early Careers is a massive part of Morrisons – it is who we are, nurturing young talent as our sustainability in this company.”
Senior People Manager, Morrisons
All-inclusive Apprenticeship Schemes for Network Rail
Encouraging diversity to keep engineering on track.
We do what is right for our clients
We don’t know any other way
Let’s start with a conversation
Amberjack, Newbury House, 20 Kings Road West, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 5XR
+44 (0)1635 584130
Attraction and Engagement
Assessment and Selection
Tracking and Reporting
Offer Management and Onboarding
Insights and Events
Join Our Team
Meet Our Team