All-inclusive Apprenticeship Schemes for Network Rail
Encouraging diversity to keep engineering on track
Network Rail owns, operates and develops Britain’s railway infrastructure. The organisation manages 20 of the UK’s largest stations, 20,000 miles of track, and thousands more bridges, tunnels, viaducts, signals and level crossings.
- Attract, develop and retain the next generation of employees through an apprenticeship scheme that encouraged diversity, especially among women. Target of 20% women in 2020.
- Removing any unconscious bias from their attraction and selection process making sure that all applicants were given equal consideration.
- Position apprenticeship programme as an attractive to fast-track career.
- A streamlined registration and application form that was slick, focused and concise with clear signposting for candidates every step of the way.
- A Situational Judgement Test (SJT) presented across a wide range of media to introduce candidates to realistic scenarios, that they may face as an apprentice.
- A pre-assessment coaching call designed to prepare candidates for assessment centre exercises while ensuring they remained excited and interested.
- Digital assessment centres that comprised of a group exercise, an interview and an individual exercise with trained professionals and which were supported by automated, personalised feedback.
- 97% of apprentice engineer roles filled
- 86% of offers accepted, compared to 79% the previous year
- Overall NPS of +78 reflecting outstanding candidate experience
- 75% of apprentices stayed with Network Rail after completing the scheme
- 95% of selected candidates remained in the role after the first year
“Our new approach has been hugely successful and the result’s we’ve achieved in partnership with Amberjack speak for themselves.”
Group Talent Acquisition Manager, Network Rail
Degree Apprenticeship Programmes for Morrisons
Targeted attraction to help discover future leaders.
We do what is right for our clients
We don’t know any other way
Let’s start with a conversation
Amberjack, Newbury House, 20 Kings Road West, Newbury, Berkshire RG14 5XR
+44 (0)1635 584130
Attraction and Engagement
Assessment and Selection
Tracking and Reporting
Offer Management and Onboarding
Insights and Events
Join Our Team
Meet Our Team