We are Amberjack. Experts in future talent and volume recruitment outsourcing, technology and assessment. We’re passionate about connecting future talent with inspiring employers to give them a head start in building a successful career through Graduate, Apprentice and Intern roles.
Our groundbreaking software is used by global organisations around the world with a need to recruit high volumes of candidates. Our software helps our clients to recruit the best future talent by enabling access to talent pools and attraction events, managing candidate applications, providing cloud-based assessments, and integrating with 3rd party systems. This role is pivotal to delivering software with the right capabilities on time.
We’re looking for a Technical Author with a passion for innovation to join our Commercial Products team, on an initial 3-month contract, to support our ambitious strategy to deliver significant business growth through the improvement of our high-volume hiring technology. In this role, you will create business process documentation, in line with product help and technical sales material, to enable our business and clients to effectively adopt new technologies.
Your role will be to discuss technical documentation requirements with the wider Tech team, support and implementation teams, and non-technical account management teams to ensure the launch of our new product this Spring. Working collaboratively, you’ll produce implementation guides and business processes to aid users of all levels of understanding to deploy and support our software.
You will be involved with:
- Collaborating with Client Success and Business Growth teams to implement appropriate prioritisation of documentation, tone of voice and detail
- Creating images and diagrams to assist with easy understanding of features, capabilities and processes
- Producing technical help content that is embedded in our platform, and more detailed content to be accessed via our support portal
This is a hybrid opportunity however, you would be required to travel to our head office in Newbury occasionally.
Who we're looking for
You need to be able to creatively solve problems with the confidence to challenge the status quo and drive process improvements.
Skills and experience we are looking for include:
- Experience in technical authoring practices
- Knowledge of Cloud, SaaS and IaaS structures and principles
- Production of technical procedures and process documentation
- Broad knowledge of technology infrastructure and application development
- Clear written communication skills with ability to adapt tone of voice to the audience
Personal qualities we would like to see include:
- Excellent relationship, presentation and written and oral communication skills
- Confidence in facilitating workshops and effective solution identification
- Result driven with a focus on client success
- Responds positively to change
Why work for us?
Contribute to projects with significant impact on our organisation and its future success. Enjoy a collaborative working environment with opportunities to influence and improve processes throughout the business. We’ll offer a salary of £350 per day during the 3-month contract and exciting benefits package, including:
- Access 1000s of unique discounts
- Life Assurance
- Health cash plan
For more information or to submit your application, please email a supporting statement demonstrating your suitability together with your CV with the subject line ‘Technical Author – Andy Lowe’ to firstname.lastname@example.org