Junior Assessment Consultants
Please note: this role is based in the United Kingdom, to apply you must have proof of the right to work in the UK.
We are Amberjack. Experts in identifying potential in future talent and delivering volume recruitment processes, technology and assessments for our clients.
Our mission is to enable a world where people are hired and progressed on the basis of their future potential rather than past experience or privilege.
Our people make us who we are and our values are at the heart of what we do. We’re passionate collaborators, always striving for better, always doing the right thing, and always accountable. We’re looking for like-minded people to come on board as Junior Consultants in our Assessment Team.
The Assessment Team
Our team of Occupational and Business Psychologists support a wide range of clients. In a typical month we will:
- Design and implement fully bespoke assessments getting candidates excited about the organisation they will be joining, giving them a realistic job preview, and gathering robust assessment data to allow accurate and fair selection decisions to be made. The assessments we design include situational judgement tests, cognitive ability tests, video interviews, telephone interviews, assessment centres, and self-selection “Match Me” tools.
- Support clients in using our growing bank of existing - ready-to-go - assessments in the right way.
- Run detailed analysis and present this to our clients to show how our assessments are working and delivering high quality candidates in line with our mission.
- Speak with some of the highest potential talent in the market to understand the skills and behaviours that set them apart, so we can come up with innovative ways to assess them.
- Write articles, blogs, conduct research, and present at industry conferences to build awareness of the Amberjack assessment offer.
- Work closely with delivery colleagues to make sure the assessments we design are delivered to the highest quality standards.
- Work with our Technology Team to enhance our assessments and introduce pioneering new ones so our offer keeps improving and helping clients achieve great results.
How a Junior Consultant contributes to the team:
- Kickstart your career in Business/Occupational Psychology by getting a wide range of experiences in design and delivery.
- Support on projects, helping some of the highest profile organisations develop effective strategies for assessing their talent.
- Experience how volume assessment campaigns are delivered as you spend 30% of your first year facilitating, assessing and chairing selection processes.
- Assist clients with day-to-day technical and sales enquiries, applying detailed knowledge of our products.
- Learn how to effectively manage accounts and projects by providing support to colleagues across the team as you build up confidence and take on your own portfolio of clients.
Who we're looking for
You will have:
- An MSc in Occupational Psychology or equivalent (or be studying towards it – completing all exams, final projects, and assessments this year).
- A willingness and ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Exceptional written communication.
- The ability to quickly build effective relationships with clients and colleagues.
- A drive to ensure great client outcomes when supporting on projects.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to multi-task and work flexibly across different projects.
- A proficiency with numbers and an ability to work with statistics.
- A desire to grow as the team continues to grow.
Why work for us?
- 25 days holiday, increasing to 29 with service + Bank Holidays
- An extra day off on your birthday!
- Hybrid working
- And lots more including company pension scheme, bike to work scheme, company sick pay etc…
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org, do not use the form below as your application may not be seen.
Apply to email@example.com with the below information:
- Your First and Last name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- If you have the right to work in the UK
- The title of your Occupational Psychology qualification, institution, and expected year of award
- Up to 100 words explaining what attracted you to this role
How to Apply
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org with the above information included, do not use the form below as your application may not be seen.