HR & Operations Assistant
Reporting to the HR Manager, this will be a varied position working as part of the business services team which supports the business. Core areas of responsibility will include HR Administration, co-ordination of Health & Safety arrangements and the operational facilities at Newbury House.
- Assisting the HR Manager with the administration of new starters and leavers
- Arranging & co-ordination of induction programmes
- Updating holiday & absence trackers
- Tracking staff completion of accessing company policies, issuing periodic reminders and providing H&S briefings when required
- Recruitment administration – posting roles to job boards, tracking & responding to applicants, administering pre-employment checks
Health & safety
- Managing the Company First Aider & Fire Marshall rotas & arranging training
- Schedule Office H&S checks including monthly Fire Marshall checks
- H&S administration – such as keeping staff sign-in sheets updated
- Arranging annual Fire Risk Assessment & actions
Office facilities co-ordination
- Co-ordinating the scheduling of routine servicing and maintenance of the plant and services to Newbury House and the office – including keeping up to date maintenance records
- Contacting suppliers for quotes & preparing purchase order requests for authorisation
- Co-ordinating the supply of office equipment, ordering & replenishing office supplies and consumables
- Managing the keyholder rotas for locking/unlocking of the office
- Providing basic administrative support to the Head of Legal when required
- Assisting with the arrangements for company meetings and events
- Supporting internal projects
Who we're looking for
This opportunity would suit someone who wants to develop their professional skills and experience after graduating, or someone looking for a change in career.
You need to:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to priorities workload & manage conflicting deadlines
- Have exceptionally good attention to detail
- Adaptable – be able to switch tasks easily & cope with the unexpected
- Confident in working independently as well as a team
- Be a recent graduate or have gained some work experience in either administration, HR, operations or possibly purchasing
- Have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office (particularly Word & Excel)
Why work for us?
25 days holiday growing to 29 days with length of service, birthday day off, opportunity to purchase up to 3 additional days leave, company pension, life assurance, cycle to work scheme, health cash plan, employee assistance programme, Perks at Work (retail discounts), gym discounts and a flexible benefits fund.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Stephanie Hailey.