We are Amberjack. Experts in future talent and volume recruitment outsourcing, technology and assessment. We’re passionate about connecting future talent with inspiring employers to give them a head start in building a successful career through Graduate, Apprentice and Intern roles. Our mission is to enable a world where people are hired and progress based on their future potential rather than experience or privilege.
We’re looking for Developers with a passion for innovation to join our Technology team and help us continue along our digital transformation journey. As a Developer, you will design, build and maintain customer-facing applications, customise and automate journeys, and create innovative solutions to business problems, helping us scale future growth plans.
What you’ll get involved in
Your role will be to create, maintain and improve systems in line with business needs. You will need to develop customer-facing web-based applications that tackle our client’s problems and enable our business to grow. Working collaboratively with other teams within Amberjack, such as Assessment, Resourcing Services and other areas of the Technology department, you will ensure our software applications meet the needs of clients and their users and are high quality and responsive.
You will be involved with:
- Designing, building and maintaining efficient, reusable and reliable C# code
- Delivering new or improved capabilities for our clients
- Ensuring the best possible performance, quality and responsiveness of applications
- Identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and devising solutions to these problems
- Maintaining code quality, organisation and automation
- Integrating systems with other 3rd party systems
This is a hybrid opportunity however, you would be required to travel to our head office in Newbury at least one day a week.
Who we're looking for
You need to be able to solve problems by developing effective solutions using new and existing concepts, technologies and software effectively, applying them to your every day. Other essential skills include:
- Strong C# language knowledge
- Good OO principles and practices, SOLID, design patterns
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication skills
- NET MVC experience
Skills we’d like to see, but are not essential, include:
- IOC Framework exposure
- TDD, BDD, unit testing & mocking frameworks
- Web API, REST, SOAP
- HTML5 & CSS3
Why work for us?
Contribute to important projects that have a real impact on our business, clients and the candidates we manage. Enjoy a collaborative working environment with opportunities to develop, both personally and professionally. As well as a great culture and real responsibility, you can also enjoy a salary of £33,000-£40,000 and exciting benefits package, including:
- Access 1000s of unique discounts
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
How to Apply
For more information or to submit your application, please email a supporting statement demonstrating your suitability together with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org