Morrisons is the fourth largest chain of supermarkets in the UK. They began life as an egg and butter stall in Bradford before evolving into a business with almost 500 stores across the country.
- Create a recruitment programme to identify candidates with the potential to improve Morrisons’ performance, culture and future direction.
- Deliver an engaging experience that aligned their talent with the roles.
- Changing perceptions and educate candidates on the diversity of their business.
- Improve quality of candidates.
- Business analysis to identify core leadership behaviours for success.
- Delivery of targeted attraction strategy which included paid media, social media, online content with video that resonated with both students and influencers, and direct engagement with over 200 schools.
- Streamlined recruitment process which included a short registration, Situational Judgement Tests (SJT) and video interviews that introduced case studies specific to the role.
- Design of assessment centre exercises that were tailor-made for the business roles. These included defamiliarisation exercises that took candidates out of their comfort zone and helped differentiate potential from experience.
- 100% retention for graduate apprenticeship roles
- 90% retention across all future talent streams
- 38% reduction in applications due to targeted attraction
- 3% declined graduate apprenticeship offers (45% fewer than ISE average)
To get the full case study please fill in your details on the right.